This time round the meme instructions are to share your top five SL pet peeves.Then link your post in the comments on Strawberry Singh’s blog so she can read what we have to say!
It took a while but I managed to come up with five pet peeves that I have with second life, hopefully they won’t be too controversial 🙂
1. People who stand on landing posts at stores and events – there is nothing more annoying than landing at a store and getting bounced around in the air until the AV your stood on top of realises and move! Even worse when they do that and then go AFK! I try to land and walk away from the landing spot without barging other people doing the same now.
2. People who send IM’s requesting money – I have noticed that this does not happen so much now as designers are good at stopping people doing this (thank you!) but it is always so annoying to land in a store and get a random IM from a stranger asking for some lindens to buy the item that you are there to buy or pay the rent etc etc. I would always help out a friend but not a stranger in that situation.
3. Talking Pregnancy bellies – I think that the ability to go through the pregnancy experience in SL is very cool and I get the talking belly idea but I really don’t need to know if you need to pee or have just eaten a cracker etc because your pregnant. That can be kept for private please 🙂
4. Going to an event all blinged up! – I love going to all of the fashion events but will remove my prims, mesh, scripts so that I can try and avoid lag as much as possible because you know it will be terrible. Then when you land and can’t walk a metre because SL’s turned in to treacle land you turn around and see someone else dressed up to the nines in mesh, prims and scripts and it makes me want to shout!
5. Rude People – SL is a lag fest at the best of times but add in a hunt and a full to bursting shop with items for sale and you end up lag walking over and over. On the weekend I was out at a hunt venue with my friend and she was called a moron because someone walked in to her due to the lag!! Sometimes the attitude people give in SL is very unnecessary and I have to bite my tongue not to say something!
Tights: Izzie’s – Patterned Tights II
Shoes: VENDETTA – Anderson Boots (Limited edition)
Hair: [LeLutka]-CANTO hair/Dark Brunette